What is µC/Probe?
µC/Probe graphically visualizes the internals of any embedded system effortlessly, with just a few mouse clicks.
What does µC/Probe do?
Micrium’s µC/Probe is a Windows application that allows you to read and write the memory of any embedded target processor during run-time, and map those values to a set of virtual controls and indicators placed on a graphical dashboard. Absolutely no programming is required – simply drag and drop the graphic components into place, and watch them go.
µC/Probe works with a wide variety of embedded processors, and suppose communication via J‑Link, CMSIS-DAP, Cypress PSoC Prog, TCP/IP, USB, RS-232, or proxies such as the IAR Systems Embedded Workbench Plugin for µC/Probe or the Eclipse Plugin for µC/Probe.
You can also use μC/Probe to extend the capabilities of your debugging software by running both at the same time. μC/Probe allows you to have instant control over your global variables in a real-time and non-intrusive way.
Visualization with µC/Probe
Using µC/Probe Components
µC/Probe Kernel Awareness Package
Using µC/Probe and Graphs
Data Input and Output Components
New in µC/Probe 3.3
Increased performance, an updated look and feel, and additional new features make this best µC/Probe yet:
- New Communication Interfaces: CMSIS-DAP and Cypress PSoC Prog.
- Updated Chip Definition Files: Updated files for all the new chips in 2014.
- Numeric Up/Down Control: Write a number to one of your embedded target’s global variables by stepping the value up or down.
- Textbox Control: Type in and write a number to one of your embedded target’s global variables.
- LEDs: Display a circle, triangle or rectangle with its color mapped to the value of one of your embedded target’s global variables.
- RGB Color Palette: Color picker to configure onboard RGB LEDs.
- Data Logging Control: Log the values of any variable(s) in your symbols browser to a CSV file.
- HID Control: Use a USB HID control such as a gamepad, joystick or steering wheel to control your embedded target.
- Extended Kernel Awareness Screens: Additional screens in µC/OS-III Kernel Awareness such as Tick Lists.
- Data Footprint Calculation: Calculates how much RAM you have left.
- MQTT Client Control: If you have an embedded system that is MQTT-ready, you can monitor and control your embedded system remotely by using any of the virtual controls and indicators in μC/Probe’s toolbox.
Find out more about µC/Probe features.
µC/Probe user manual
Micrium’s user manuals and other documentation are available for download for free in the Download Center.